Ray dee yow.

(May 10, 2012 at 10:28pm)

I find it weird that I wasn't able to get his point while reading the article until I read the comments below. It might be because I have difficulty reading articles written in the second voice.

I'd have to agree that "masa" stations get more listeners than those stations under the magazine format. They focus more on the adlibs and the radio personalities but if you listen to the songs they play, it's done haphazardly. Not that I am calling their playlist baduy but please, it's annoying when a JB track is followed by a Renz Verano track.




The problem with pop stations on the other hand is that people from the C and D list find it difficult to relate to them. They tend to focus on the pop culture and what's new in the loop. I don't mind but I just hope they make it more informative and less uptight to reach out to a larger audience.

But point is, radio formats are like social classes. There will always be that hidden wall between levels. You can't fuse them altogether. If you do, then you should receive an award. (Just like Chico and Delamar who make their banter fun, informative, tight, sincere and interesting.)


http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/is-radio-today-just-a-joke--joke--joke--.html


//And on the side note, I am still getting the hang of being a part of the radio industry. At first I thought you just go there, play music, talk in between and that's it. You just go to the booth with stocked knowledge and wise or even clever opinions regarding a certain topic.

I thought having a good voice is good enough. I was wrong.

Everything changed when the real training happened. You have to be prepared with a lot of news bits before you go with your boardwork. You have to know the transitions from song to topic and from topic to song, know when to move on and when a topic or conversation is already dragging, be in the loop of what is happening in the music and entertainment industry, have a lot of useless knowledge to expound on a topic, and the list goes on.

Everytime I would board for Midnight Snack, I feel like it's a drag. I feel burdened when I thought it would be a carefree job at first. I have to prepare materials days before; I have to communicate to my partners how we would outline the flow of the show and how we would introduce the topic (which is the most difficult part of the show). I also have to be familiar with mainstream music which has been a waterloo of mine especially when I got into liking indie tracks. Spinning is also difficult because you can't mess up with the adverts and you have to make the transitions of the song seamless. It's also complicated when you talk over songs and do song to song. You have to be mindful of what you're gonna say and how much time left you've got.

Time passes by and I've been through a couple of boardworks and training already and thankfully, I feel less burdened. I feel like I am really stepping up. I am already getting the hang of how a show works and what is the specific format of a student jock show. I am also relieved that our mentor, DJ Chloe feels less burdened as well as she told us in our recent boardwork that we're already getting there. We are almost nearing the point that we need less assistance and that someday we could be independent SJs; that we can handle the show on our own.And I would like to end this with a huge thanks to the radio station I've ventured into and the DJs who mentored me and taught me the ways on how to be a 'broadcaster.' Thank you for all the points and being firm. Thank you for all the knowledge and the guidance even if it rattles us in the end.

I do hope that in the end, I can say that I did not make a wrong decision into entering this industry.

xx, Adler.

No comments:

Post a Comment